Sunday 9 January 2011

Saying Goodbye to Travelling?

The prospect of never travelling again is completely soul-shattering, but it is something I have to get to grips with. I mean, to be honest I’m being a bit dramatic, it’s not that I’ll never travel again, I will but not for a very long time! I have to be sensible now because I have allowed myself to fall into a deep pile of debt. I have no one to blame but myself and, as well as this, my desire to travel meant the sacrifice of many experiences at home. I just need to concentrate on work and university next year without planning my next travel venture because it isn’t going to become a reality for a long time.

It is a really sad prospect, mainly the thought of not being able to go back out to Vanuatu for another year or more. I really hoped to be able to go in the summer holiday, but that just doesn’t seem to be an option, even a trip in 2012 doesn’t seem to be on the cards. I really didn’t want to have to leave it til any longer than 2012. For one most of the children I really care about would have moved on and two I promised them I’d be back. It’s such a predicament.

However I can't give up on the hope to go back, I will and I will continue to travel, but not until I am in a far more stable position financially- so it is not goodbye to travelling but gudbae long naoio mo lukym yu bakegen in no long taem (goodbye for now and see you again soon).


No comments:

Post a Comment