Tuesday 17 February 2009

The Story Begins.

First of all I'd like to welcome you to my blog, and me the Glam Packer. Glam Packer is actually an alias of mine, it was a name I acquired on a trip to Fiji. I was in the hostel room making small talk with a fellow traveller when she turned to me an said, (in response to my comment about me not being your average traveller) "OMG I know... you're so glamorous...you're not a backpacker, you're a Glam Packer, Yea a Glam Packer", and there's me thinking, hmm?!?!? what is she on about?!?! I look a mess I have no make-up on my hair is a mess, I look a state, but hey each to their own.
And even before I met this unnamed traveller many others had made references to my clothing and the way that I carried my self whilst travelling, apparently I was well dressed, which I will agree with but only in comparison to my fellow travellers, who for some reason unbeknown to me feel the need to all shop in Kathmandu! Why?! I do not know?!?! The clothes there are nondescript and unflattering to say the least. I know, I know they're practical, but there is a way to do practical with out disregarding the basic rules of fashion and style. So anywhoo's that is how I got the name Glam Packer, which I liked and have decided to adopt :D
Summer 2008 marks my first solo trip! On this trip I was lucky enough to spend time working in Auckland, New Zealand and backpack around the rest of New Zealand- North and South, visit Melbourne, Australia, Hong Kong, The Yasawa Islands, Fiji and Savaii and Apia, Western Samoa. All in all I was away for just under 5 months of what I can safely say were the best of my life. All I can remember from my time away was the feeling of happiness (this is not to say that I do not feel it at home) and total enjoyment, fun fun times!
As well as visiting the above named countries I have also spent some time on holiday in South Andros, the Bahamas, Zakynthos, Greece, New York City, and the motherland Accra, Ghana.
Now despite all the travelling I've been luck enough to do I still want to travel more and see much more of the world, at present I have an epic African adventure booked with my P.I.C (Partner in Crime), a fine fine Naija girl and my younger sister, which I am soooo looking forward to, it will be the perfect end to a looong stressful and somewhat superfluous degree.
Once back from this epic African adventure which will take us from London to Cairo to Accra and around Ghana, I intend to settle for a little bit longer in London to raise some funds for my first real 'RTW' trip!wooop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment